Academic Confirmation (or Proof) of Study 


There are a number of different ways for students to make requests for Academic Confirmation of Study.

Many students currently registered at the University simply require a ‘proof of study letter’ that is usually addressed ‘To Whom It May Concern’ – such requests can be made online via My Student Info. A variety of letters can be requested here, including bank account letters, financial statements, council tax exemption letters etc.

Student Records is also responsible for confirming student progression for a number of sponsored international students to their embassies. In the main, this activity happens twice each year, with the team reporting on assessment outcomes for each sponsored student from the previous semester.

In addition to the above, Student Records is often requested to print replacement degree certificates and transcripts.

Third Party Verifications, Employers and Recruitment Agencies

Requests for Confirmation of Study or Degree Verifications are often received from third parties such as employers or recruitment agencies. Student Records has recently implemented the new Higher Education Degree Datacheck (HEDD) online verification service for employers and agencies to verify University of Salford awards. More information regarding this service can be found here, but please note that this service is only for third parties.

The HEDD Service should not be used by current or past students to request confirmation of their study with the University or a character reference. Current or past students requiring confirmation of study or award should make this request via our online request system. Current or past students who require a character reference should send their request directly to the member of their academic team who they wish to act as referee.